Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Westford Fire Department log for the week of May 26 to June 1,2013
May 29, 7:23 a.m. - A high tension electrical wire was found in a tree limb on Tadmuck Road, with the tree limb on fire. In tandem with National Grid, the fire was extinguished, and the wire was repaired, restoring power to the area. May 30, 12:16 p.m. - One resident on Depot Street reported the smell of gas, which was determined to be natural gas leaking due to an issue with a pool. May 30, 8:07 p.m. - A barbeque on Lower Road turned into some burnt grass for a home owner on Lower Road. The area damaged was approximately 25 square feet in diameter. June 1, 4:36 p.m. - Firefighters were on the scene for a car fire on 495 Southbound. The driver told firefighters that the car's battery light went on and then smoke came out of the back of the…
Saturday, June 1, 2013
Westford Fire Department log for the week of May 20 to 26, 2013
Wednesday, May 22, 8:55 p.m. - Firefighters received an alarm activation from Red Hat. It was determined to be an in-duct smoke detector on the roof, which was checked. After the inspection, the Westford Fire Department requested that the alarm be taken off line and be checked by an electrician. Wednesday, May 22, 11:37 p.m. - Rain caused a wire to short out and begin a fire on top of a telephone pole on Weetamoo Way. Upon further inspection, the spark from the wire caught a plastic weather cap. National Grid turned off the power to the pole and then the E-4 Westford Fire Department crew put out the fire as well as a small brush fire nearby. Saturday, May 25, 3:07 a.m. - Two paramedic crews went to 495 Northbound where a motor vehicle …
Monday, May 20, 2013
Excerpts from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of May 5 to 13, 2013
May 6, 4:27 p.m. - Firefighters got a call of a brush fire on Route 3 Southbound along the tiny strip of Route 3 in Westford, but it actually turned out to be in Tyngsborough. The Tyngsborough Fire Department ultimately handled the call, which was a small grass fire. May 7, 4:51 p.m. - An 800 square foot fire was reported on Graniteville Road. The fire was eventually extinguished. May 8, 7:26 p.m. - A homeowner on River Street was caught illegally burning materials in their yard. They were advised of burning rules and regulations and the fire was extinguished. May 11, 5:06 p.m. - As with River Street, another home owner was caught illegally burning on Elm Road. The fire was extinguished. No further information was available.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Excerpts from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of April 29 to May 6, 2013
Tuesday, April 30, 12:30 p.m. - An electrical wire was knocked down by a passing truck on Dunstable Road near the Tyngsboro border, causing a brush fire. National Grid shut off the electrical wire and then the fire was extinguished, after it consumed an area approximately 20' by 20' Tuesday, April 30, 2:58 p.m. - One home owner was attempting to extinguish a structure fire on South Chelmsford Road with a garden hose when fire trucks arrived. The fire originated from some bark mulch and spread to the home owner's porch, causing damage to the side of the home and the porch. Tuesday, April 30, 5:02 p.m. - First responders were dispatched to 495 Northbound just before Exit 32 for reports of a fuel leak. No fuel leak was found, only a motor …
Saturday, May 4, 2013
Westford Fire Department log highlights for the week of April 22 to 29, 2013
April 27, 12:24 p.m. -Firefighters aided a homeowner on Hildreth Street with a fire in their lawn which they had obtained a permit for. April 27, 2:10 p.m. -Approximately 1,000 gallons of water were used to extinguish a fire between the Boston Road exit and the Concord Road overpass on 495 Southbound. Fire Department officials indicate that a mixture of grass and brush caught on fire and the area of the blaze was approximately 125 by 40 feet. April 28, 1:23 a.m. - Firefighters extinguished a large bonfire at Nashoba Valley Ski Area. April 28, 2:52 p.m. - Fire Department officials believe that a spark from a chainsaw may have ignited a fire on Chicory Road. The fire caused slight damage to a pool cover and shed.
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Westford Fire Department log for the week of April 8 to 14, 2013.
Monday, April 8, 10:22 a.m. - There was a brush fire on Groton Road. It was relatively small according to the Westford Fire Department, being extinguished with only one pump engine according to their accounts of the incident. Thursday, April 11, 7:56 a.m. - A possible gas leak near the Town of Westford's IT Department on East Prescott Street began an investigation of the area. The leak was near Pizzeria Presti, the issue was handed over to National Grid. Friday, April 12, 10:24 a.m. - Firefighters investigated the East Boston Camps for reports of a fire. The fire was discovered, it was a from a camp user that had a permit. Friday, April 12, 3:15 p.m. - Firefighters responded to a call from Southgate Road for an oven fire which was …
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Excerpts from the Westford Fire Department log for the week of March 31 to April 7, 2013
April 5, 8:14 a.m. - Firefighters were needed after a car reportedly pulled off 495 Southbound to extinguish a small grass fire. After an investigation of the road, the fire's location could not be found. April 5, 1:28 p.m. - A fire allowed by permit got out of control on North Hill Road, but was eventually extinguished. April 7, 10:54 a.m. - A brush fire was reported on Boston Road. However, upon further investigation, no services were required from the police department April 7, 2:06 p.m. - A resident on Dell Road called the Fire Department after noticing two individuals in the water after their boat capsized nearby on Long Sought-for Pond. However, the incident was not serious, no further assistance was required for the individuals.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Westford Fire Department log excerpts for the week of March 21 to March 27, 2013
March 22, 11:32 p.m. - A gaseous odor was reported on True Bean Way. March 23, 6:36 p.m. - No transport was required for injuries treated on scene at the intersection of Boston Road and 495 Southbound. March 26, 9:10 a.m. - Firefighters extinguished a car fire at Red Hat. The fire was limited to the passenger compartment. March 27, 1:44 p.m. - Another car fire, this one on Jimney Road, was extinguished. That one was limited to the engine of the vehicle.
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Westford Fire Department log overview from the week of Jan. 27 to Feb. 9, 2013
Jan. 27, 1:57 p.m. - Three firefighter units were dispatched to Concord Road to extinguish a chimney fire. Three hours later at the very same house, the chimney again required firefighter assistant after another fire. No additional damage was reported to the rest of the house. Jan. 28, 11:34 p.m. - Another chimney caught on fire on Pine Grove Road, with no significant damage. Jan. 29, 1:03 p.m. - A refrigerator caught fire in the basement of a building on Dunstable Road. No significant damage was reported. Feb. 5, 12:49 p.m. - There was a fire inside of a vehicle parked outside of the Cameron Senior Center. Initial reports indicated that a seat warmer was responsible for the incident. Feb. 9, 11:35 a.m. - A gaseous odor was reported in …
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Westford Fire Department log overview from the week of Jan. 20 to 28, 2013
The Westford Fire Department had 36 calls between Jan. 20 and 28, 2013. Here are a few of the highlights. Monday, Jan. 21 1:21 p.m. - Ambulances headed down to Nashoba Valley Ski Area, the first of six trips during the week. Tuesday, Jan. 22 2:07 a.m. - Westford paramedics aided their colleagues in Littleton during an incident. Westford's first responders would return to Littleton the next day to help on a fire. Sunday, Jan. 27 1:57 p.m. - Firefighters battled a structure fire on Concord Road. 10:07 p.m. - A gaseous odor was reported inside a building on Forrest Road.