The Samuel Fitch House
The Samuel Fitch House bed and breakfast, located on Westford historic grounds, features two suites in the main home and cottage-style accommodations in an adjacent carriage house. Innkeeper Lynne Smithwood offers guests all-inclusive services and amenities, including a day trip planning, special a la carte services, and prepares a daily breakfast made with fresh, seasonal ingredients from an on-site organic vegetable garden.
Smithwood also offers guests a tour of the inn and the grounds, which hold some key historical significance. Its joint dining room and tavern was once a secret strategy room for pre-Revolutionary patriots. Nearly a century later, the house was also a milepost along the Underground Railroad. A tunnel still runs below the home.
This bed and breakfast accommodates wedding parties, business and personal gatherings, holiday events and workshops.
- Hours: Daily, 7am - 4pm. Check in: after 4pm; check out: 11am.
- Founding Date: Jan 1 1711
- Parking: Free lot
- Parking durations available: Long-term, Short-term
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of rooms: 3
- Level: Mid-scale
- Room features: Internet connection