.

Smoke Spotted In Kitchens at Abbot School, Everyone Safe

The incident occurred at approximately 12:45 p.m., no students or staff were in danger at any time

 

In a letter from Abbot School assistant principal Joanna Perron, smoke was noticed coming out of the kitchen near the school's cafeteria, but no one was harmed during the incident. 

Students during the second lunch period were cleared from the cafeteria and the third lunch was postponed during an inspection by the Fire Department, which concluded with the assumption that proper ventilation fans had not been turned on during the cooking process.

The investigation also found warm temperatures outside the kitchen may have had a role to play in the incident.

Perron stated that at no time were any students or staff in any danger.

The third lunch was held in the cafeteria at 1:30 p.m.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something