.

Ashes From Plastic Container Cause Odor on Leland Road

The following are excerpts from the Westford Fire Department log.

Nov. 20, 9:52 a.m. – Firefighters got a call that there was a gas leak at town hall, although no leak could be found.

There was a similar call to the Crisafulli School later in the day, with similar results.

Nov. 22, 8:40 a.m. – One resident on Connell Drive was concerned when their carbon monoxide detector went off. Firefighters were able to determine that there was no problem, but noted that the detector spiked when the resident’s furnace was turned on.

The firefighters advised the resident to contact the company that made the furnace.

Nov. 29, 9:48 a.m. – A resident on Tadmuck Road called firefighters to report smoke inside a building, although the odor that the resident smelled was not actually smoke, but just cooking that had occurred earlier.

Firefighters ventilated the building.

Dec. 1, 7:21 p.m. – One resident on Leland Road was worried about a strong odor that smelled like burning coming from somewhere inside his house.

It was determined that the smell came from ashes placed inside a plastic container, which was removed from the premises. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something