"Completely different," said the Boxborough farmer who runs Phalla's Produce, the subject of Patch's latest farmers market vendor spotlight. "I can tell right away if the produce is from a local farmer or somewhere else. You get more fresh vegetables and more taste to it."
Westford's Farmers Market is open every week from 2:30-6:30 p.m. on Town Common.
The work in growing and selling produce is difficult. But for Nol, it's worth the trouble.
"It's very hard work," said Nol with a laugh. "But I like it. When you like it, it doesn't matter how hard it is."
To look back on our previous Westford Farmers Market spotlights, follow the links below:
- Customers Get a Taste of the South Without Leaving Westford
- Homemade Market Sweets Provide Nostalgia for Customers
- Farmers Market Winery Hopes to Show What State Has to Offer
- Baker Says Farmers Market Brings 'Sense of Community'
- Soluna Garden Farm Spices Up Westford Farmers Market
- For Dragonfly Farm, Westford Farmers Market is 'Win-Win'