1. Winter Market! Bedford Fields Garden Center on Route 101 hosts the second of four Uniquely New Hampshire Winter Markets from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26. For more details, including a full list of area artisans and food suppliers and vendors, click here.
2. Winter warmup? Well, sort of. The National Weather Service (NWS) forecasts partly cloudy skies today, with the high temperature up from 17 to 23 degrees, however a wind chill advisory, like yesterday, is in effect through 10 a.m., with sub-zero winds expected to reach 15- to 20-degrees below. Tonight, the chance of snow increases from 10- to 60-percent, with snow flurries and less than an inch of snow expected overnight. The low this evening is 10 degrees.
3. It's only days away! The most wonderful time of the year may have just passed, but that was 2012. This is 2013 and the Bedford Village Inn is prepared to bring more joy to town when it hosts its third-annual Svedka Ice Bar, which is scheduled to be open nightly, from 5:30-10 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 29 through Saturday, Feb. 2. Enjoy carefully crafted ice sculptures, live music, great company, hot food and cool drinks at this once-a-year event. Check out images of last year's event here, and get more information on the upcoming festivities by clicking here.
4. Keep up with Bedford's top news with Patch's FREE daily newsletter and breaking news reports. Don't have time to read the paper? No worries. Get updated road closures, crime information, recent real estate transactions and much more delivered directly to your inbox each morning by signing up for our FREE daily newsletter!
5. File for elected office! Any Bedford registered voter wishing to file for town or school district office in the local election in March must do so by contacting Town Clerk Lori Radke at 472-3550. The clerk will be available during normal office hours at the Bedford Town Office Building at 24 North Amherst Road. The deadline for filing is 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 1. For a complete list of open positions, click here.