No On-Street ParkingUnder town bylaws, there is no on-street parking of any kind during a snow storm or afterward while cleanup is taking place from Nov. 1 to March 31.
The fine is $25.
Town sources have not learned whether trash pickup has been cancelled, trash pickup is generally not cancelled except in extreme circumstances.
School is Cancelled on Thursday, FridayWestford Public Schools are closed on Thursday, as well as Friday.
Emerson Hospital at the corner of Nixon Road and Rte. 110 is also closed.
Nashoba Valley Technical High School principal Denise Pigeon has announced at approximately 6 p.m. on Thursday that school is cancelled as well for Friday.
Town Hall will be opening late at 11 a.m. on Friday.
The trash/recycling schedule is normal, although the town reports that some streets were missed yesterday. Those streets should be served today.
Meanwhile, Nashoba Valley Ski Area is very open. 100% open in fact. (17 trails, 10 lifts and 20 hits in the terrain park.)
Weather ForecastsAccuweather: there's a likely 8 to 12 inches from this storm, with 4 to 8 occurring after sunset on Thursday. Wind chill overnight on Thursday will dip near -30.
National Weather Service: It will be windy, Thursday night snow estimated at 3 to 7 inches, with snow ending sometime between 10 a.m. and noon on Friday.
Total accumulation predicted at 6 to 12 inches.
Weather Channel: Strong winds coming from the north, 8 to 12 inches expected on Thursday alone, with an additional 1 to 2 inches on Friday.
Other Stories on the Storm
- Emergency Tips for Handling Extreme Cold
- Governor: State Offices Close at 3 p.m., Highways Remain Open
Useful Numbers and Websites
- Emergencies: Dial 911
- Westford Police Department: 978-692-2161
- Westford Fire Department: 978-692-5542
- Report Power Outages to National Grid: 1-800-465-1212, you can also check out their outage map here.
- Comcast: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon: 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- Town Hall Storm Updates 1-800-692-5500 (option 6)