You Should Save Water…..
As members of Girl Scout Brownie Troop 85009, we are asking everyone to save water because water is very important to all of us and there are people who don’t have clean water. We are teaching people in the community how to conserve water this year to complete our “Wonders of Water” Journey. We started by hanging posters in our schools, but wanted to reach out into our community to make the biggest impact.
Here are some ways that you can help:
1. Shorten your shower to 5 minutes or less.
2. Shut off the sink when you are washing your hands with soap.
3. Water plants with leftover cooking or drinking water.
4. Follow the odd/even watering policy (or similar program in your town).
5. Test your grass by pushing down on it; if it springs back up it does not need to be watered.
6. Use a water barrel to collect rainwater for outdoor use and planting.
In Westford, the Water Department has set up a rain barrel program which helps residents purchase rain barrels at an affordable price. Please visit the Westford Water Department website for more information.