1. What's With All Those People at Minot's Corner? - If you're driving by Cumberland Farms at around 10 a.m. on Tuesday, watch out! There's going to be a groundbreaking ceremony for the project.
You can find out more about updates on Minot's Corner and other road construction topics in town at www.westfordma.gov/110
2. Could Your Child Use Some Help With "Executive Function?" - Make a date for "Understanding Executive Function: Skills And Strategies for Parents of K-12 Students."
Sarah Ward, a recognized leader in the field will be at Stony Brook Middle School on Oct. 16 at 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Kathy Healy Norton at email@example.com or go to www.westford.com/wpc/.
3. Down in Boston.... there will be a bunch of students performing at the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra's Opening Concert on Oct. 13 at 3 p.m. from their Repertory Orchestra (REP) and their Junior Reperatory Orchestra (JYO).
Here's the list
Tommy Chen, Westford, 16, BYS, Cello
Jonathan Chen, Westford, 15, REP, Violin
Jennifer Der, Westford, 15, REP, Violin
Jason Kottas, Westford, 14, JRO, Viola
Angela Lee, Westford, 15, BYS, Violin
Andrew Leung, Westford, 14, JRO, Violin
Allison Leung, Westford, 16, REP, Viola
Andy Shao, Westford, 15, REP, Violin
Sean Tseng, Westford, 14, REP, Viola
Nancy Wang, Westford, 15, REP, Violin
Ashley Wang, Westford, 14, REP, Cello
Justin Yao, Westford, 16, BYS, TromboneJeffrey Yao, Westford, 14, JRO, Flute
More information is available at www.bysoweb.org
4. The Westford Whatever?: Hey, remember at Town Meeting in the Spring when there was a big hubbub about renaming that big piece of land across from Stony Brook Acres that we're not going to say the name of here because they made a committee to look into what the name of it should be?
Well, guess what! That committee has a meeting tonight.
5. Meet Westford's Top Lunch Lady: Her name is Colleen Wallace, and her job is to oversee the people who prepare school lunches for your kids every day (if they buy lunches from public schools, that is.)
She's gonna be at the J.V. Fletcher Library on Tuesday night if you have any questions.