The Results of Our Market Basket Investigation
You gave us some undercover suggestions to see whether or not the new Market Basket has what you want to buy. Here's what we found.
A 2011 study from the Boston Consumers' Checkbook indicated that an average household would save $1,638 a year if they shopped at Market Basket, but do those price savings turn into a more limited selection?
The other day we asked you to e-mail us your suggestions on things we could check on at the new Market Basket, and here's what we found from what you asked us to look for.
Our inspection occured at approximately 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15
Things The New Market Basket Has That You Asked For
- Madhava agave nectar (Aisle 8)
- Red grapefruit Sandrino sparkling water (Aisle 14)
Things The New Market Basket Does Not Have That You Asked For
- Boar's Head meats (at least, not that we could see)
- Molinari salami (ditto)
- Brown Cow yogurt (they've got Stonyfield)
Somewhere in Between
- Fresh Pesto (pesto is in aisle 5, in cans however)
- Bulk fresh walnuts (unbagged walnuts are at the intersection of aisle 19 and the back row near the grapes, not near other nuts. Unclear if amount was enough to constitute "bulk")
What are your thoughts on the New Market Basket? Tell us in the comments!