Hearthstone Road Gas Fire Extinguished Quickly
The following information comes from the Westford Fire Department.
The following are calls from the Westford Fire Department for the Week of March 3 to 9.
March 5, 4:31 a.m. - A resident on Newport Drive detected carbon monoxide, but none was found after an investigation.
March 7, 3:41 p.m. - Firefighters responded to a flash fire on Hearthstone Road. The incident occurred in a 2 1/2 story wood frame house, with the resident noticing the fire after smelling gas from a line that had been accidentally broken by a contractor.
The fire spread in the joists in between the floors of the house and was extinguished before firefighters arrived on the scene.
Firefighters then ventilated the area to ensure any excess flammable gas was removed.
March 9, 1:51 p.m. - A vehicle rolled over in front of Westford Auto Sales on the corner of Concord and Littleton roads after a two vehicle accident.
Paramedics removed the driver from the rolled over car, the second driver did not sustain injuries.
March 9, 3:07 p.m. - A small motor vehicle fire was reported in the parking lot of McDonald's. Fire Department officials report that there was moderate damage to the vehicle's engine and passenger area.