Five Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 18
Here is your daily guide to Westford.
Today is Sunday, Dec. 18. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Live Nativity tonight: United Methodist Church of Westford is hosting a Live Nativity at 6 p.m. tonight. Get in the Christmas spirit and see the Live Nativity that includes David Lengyel as Baby Jesus, and his parents Melissa and Christopher as Mary and Joseph. Members of the church youth group will serve as wise men and angels. There will be farm animals, as well as Christmas carols and refreshments.
2. National Grid gets grilled: Still smarting over the October snowstorm and days without power, local residents and officials took aim at National Grid during a public hearing Thursday. Read about what was said.
3. Should drivers not be allowed to talk on the cell phone while driving?: Our poll about whether to ban cell phones while driving has sparked a nice debate. Readers have been discussing the issue on the article. Voice your opinion.
4. Deck Your House: Don’t forget to enter our Deck Your House contest. This national contest has a grand prize of $100,000 that will go to winning entrant's local schools. Just think – your lights display may get the Westford Public Schools new books or computers. Read more about the contest and upload to the Deck Your House contest website.
5. Downtown Westford is Going to be Loud: Blasting at Cornerstone is set to begin on Monday, Dec. 19 at intermittent periods from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, check out our latest "You Asked, Patch Answers" column.