5 Things for Today in Westford: Nov. 20
From Nabnasset to Forge Village, here are your Five Things for today in Westford.
#1. Tomorrow... there's an interfaith Thanksgiving Service at St. Mark's.
#2. Tonight's Westford CAT Training: And it will continue every Tuesday through December.
#4. Pictured: Last month, Westford's Chris Hurst dressed up as the Count to help the Halloween-themed blood drive for Brigham and Women's Hospital at North Station.
#5. Want to Be a Grey Ghost?: Go to www.wagreyghosts.com and register by 11/22. Students must have a valid physical to participate on day one. Physicals are valid for 13 months.
Here are the tryout dates and locations for each sport.
- Swimming: Monday November 26th Swimmers should meet~outside the Aux. Gym at 2:00 on Monday to catch the bus to UMass Lowell.
- Diving: 1st Practice will be on Wednesday 11/28 at 7:45 at the Lowell YMCA
- Boys Basketball: Varsity/JV tryouts will be in Main gym 6-8 on Monday and Tuesday. We ask all candidates to arrive on Monday at 5:30. Freshman basketball team tryouts start Monday November 26th from 2:00-4:00.
- Girls Basketball: All Junior and Senior Girls to the Aux Gym Monday and Tuesday from 4:00 - 5:30. Varsity selections will be made Tuesday at the end of the session. All sophomore and Freshmen Girls to Room 249 at 3:30 to check in and get their number. Tryouts will be held on Monday and Tuesday in the Main Gym from 4:00 - 6:00 and on Wednesday from 4:00 - 5:15. Girls from this session may be called to participate in Varsity tryouts on Tuesday afternoon. Junior Varsity and freshmen team selections will be made at the end of the Wednesday session.
- Wrestling: Practices start Monday November 26th. All wrestlers should report to the aux gym lobby at 5:00 pm.
- Gymnastics: Practice at All Star Gym in Chelmsford starts Monday November 26th 3:00-4:30
- Alpine Skiing: Practices start on Tuesday 11/27 and 11/29 from 2:30-4:30. The team meets at the entryway by the cafeteria.
- Nordic Skiing: Monday 11/26 thru Thurs 11/29 - Meet in room #137 at 2:15 and then move out to Alumni Stadium (2:30-4:00pm).
- Boys Ice Hockey: Boys hockey will hold their tryouts on Monday 11/26 at 4:10 pm and on Tuesday 11/27 at 3:55 pm at Skate3.
- Girls Ice Hockey: 11/26 @ Lawrence Academy 6:00-8:00 pm
- Boys/Girls Indoor Track: 11/26 WA Main Gym 2:15-4 pm
- Cheerleading: Monday December 3rd 2-4 Main Gym